Larry Hinson is offering a 6 week American Sign Language (ASL) class at Exit 11 on Tuesday evenings starting September 4th. This is a beginners Class. Larry is a comedian, teacher and passionate about helping people learn to sign. He is also deaf. It is his mission to teach the hearing community how to interact with the deaf community. He will make you laugh and learn.
Who should attend?
- Family members who want to communicate better with deaf relatives.
- Individuals interested in learning basic sign to communicate with deaf individuals in their local community.
- Shop owners who want to communicate with their deaf customers.
- Medical professionals who want to communicate with deaf patients.
- Police and Fire personnel
- Parents/Grandparents who want to learn to communicate with their baby by teaching basic signs for "more", "done", "eat", "change" and other signs for everyday items.